Covered all of this over on WarcraftPets so I’ll just direct you over there. WarcraftPets!
Archive for March, 2012
Thanks to my awesome connections with Blizzard, I’m already in the beta. Now I just need for the servers to actually come up so I can start pet battling!
- Each mini-pet will have 6 abilities that players can choose pre-battle. Much like player leveling, as your companion levels up it will unlock more abilities. Also like a player talent tree, you can only choose one ability per row of talents for your pet.
- Entering into a Pet Battle, you will see your opponent and the three pets you will be fighting against, but you will NOT see your opponent’s name or be able to communicate with them.
- While in a Pet Battle, you will be able to switch between the three pets you’ve chosen to fight, and they will dutifully run up to your opponent’s pet to attack it.
- Pets have four stats: health, attack, defense, and movement, which acts like an initiative roll, deciding who attacks first.
- Challenging another player in the open world will switch you into a unique zoomed in view. Once combat is over it will return you to a normal gameplay camera view.
- In addition to being able to queue into a queuing system and duel other players in the open world, there will be NPCs and critters that you can enter combat with to help level your mini-pets.
- Unlike PVP, your Pet Battles stats will only show you how many games you’ve won. Information on losses will not be available.
Monday is the big day!