It seems like every patch send Mists came out is just better and better for pet collectors. 5.2 added the fable daily, which most people agreed stunk, but 5.3 will be splitting them into three quests.
Archive for the ‘MoP news’ Category
5.1 has been out for three days now and it’s amazing. I’ve had a blast going back through all the old raids and finding the new wild pets.
I hope 5.2 brings us just as much pet content!
Thanks to the macro on the WoW forums, I managed to capture 50 rare pets. Yes, some of them are repeats, but at least 35 are unique.
Ashenvale – Rusty Snail
Azshara – Turquoise Turtle
Azuremyst Isle – Grey Moth
Bloodmyst Isle – Ravager Hatchling
Darkshore – Darkshore Cub
Desolace – Stone Armadillo
Durotar – Creepy Crawly
Dustwallow Marsh – Spawn of Onyxia
Felwood – Minfernal
Feralas – Nether Faerie Dragon
Mount Hyjal – Nordrassil Wisp
Mulgore – Gazelle Fawn
Northern Barrens – Cheetah Cub
Silithus – Qiraji Guardling
Southern Barrens – Giraffe Calf
Stonetalon Mountains – Venomspitter Hatchling
Tanaris – Silithid hatchling
Teldrassil – Crested Owl
Thousand Needles – Twilight Iguana
Uldum – Tol’vir Scarab
Un’goro Crater – Diemetradon Hatchling
Winterspring – Snowy Owl
Arathi Highlands – Tiny Twister
Badlands – Scorpling
Burning Steppes – Lava Beetle
Deadwind Pass – Restless Shadeling
Dun Morogh – Snow Cub
Duskwood – Widow Spiderling
Eastern Kingdoms – Festering Maggot
Elwynn Forest – Black Lamb
Eversong Woods – Ruby Sapling
Ghostlands – Spirit Crab
Hillsbrad Foothills – Infested Bear Cub
Loch Modan – Little Black Ram
Northern Stranglethorn – Polly
Redridge Mountains – Fledgling Buzzard
Searing Gorge – Molten hatchling
Silverpine Forest – Blighted Squirrel
Swamp of Sorrows – Mocassin
The Cape of Stranglethorn – Baby Ape
The Hinterlands – Jade Oozeling
Tirisfal Glade – Lost of Lordaeron
Twilight Highlands – Twilight Fiendling
Western Plaguelands – Blighthawk
Westfall – Tiny Harvester
Wetlands – Tiny Bog Beast
Blade’s Edge Mountains – Scalded Basilisk Hatchling
Hellfire Peninsula – Flayer Youngling
Nagrand – Clefthoof Runt
Netherstorm – Fledgling Nether Ray
Shadowmoon Valley – Fel Flame
Terokkar Forest – Warpstalker Hatchling
Zangarmarsh – Sporeling Sprout
Borean Tundra – Oily Slimling
Dragonblight – Dragonbone Hatchling
Grizzly Hills – Imperial Eagle Chick
Howling Fjord – Fjord Wolf Pup
Icecrown – Scourged Whelpling
Sholazar Basin – Stunted Shardhorn
The Storm Peaks – Arctic Fox Kit
Zul’Drak – Water Waveling
Deepholm – Crimson Geode
Screenshot each one and copy + pasted the images!
Covered all of this over on WarcraftPets so I’ll just direct you over there. WarcraftPets!
Thanks to my awesome connections with Blizzard, I’m already in the beta. Now I just need for the servers to actually come up so I can start pet battling!
- Each mini-pet will have 6 abilities that players can choose pre-battle. Much like player leveling, as your companion levels up it will unlock more abilities. Also like a player talent tree, you can only choose one ability per row of talents for your pet.
- Entering into a Pet Battle, you will see your opponent and the three pets you will be fighting against, but you will NOT see your opponent’s name or be able to communicate with them.
- While in a Pet Battle, you will be able to switch between the three pets you’ve chosen to fight, and they will dutifully run up to your opponent’s pet to attack it.
- Pets have four stats: health, attack, defense, and movement, which acts like an initiative roll, deciding who attacks first.
- Challenging another player in the open world will switch you into a unique zoomed in view. Once combat is over it will return you to a normal gameplay camera view.
- In addition to being able to queue into a queuing system and duel other players in the open world, there will be NPCs and critters that you can enter combat with to help level your mini-pets.
- Unlike PVP, your Pet Battles stats will only show you how many games you’ve won. Information on losses will not be available.
Monday is the big day!
Blizzard has scheduled a press event in March, so hopefully beta will be coming by May with a release in August!