Anyone who was available during the opening of the Darkmoon Faire noticed quite a few other people waiting. The DMF is now a Crz zone so expect the Darkmoon Rabbit to jump up in rarity now that there is no guarantee the winner will be on your server. He’s up maybe three or four times during the week and with many other realms out to get him, expect his rarity to increase.
I went into patch 5.3 not really looking forward to the PVP aspect. At least there is a quest to do 10 PVP battles so any really trepidations person will ideally be able to get the pet in 25 weeks. I had to mix up my team just so it wouldn’t get boring and I’ve still had a really harsh loss ratio. Good luck to everybody else.
It seems like every patch send Mists came out is just better and better for pet collectors. 5.2 added the fable daily, which most people agreed stunk, but 5.3 will be splitting them into three quests.
Raiding with Leashes II: Attunement Edition
Progress on this achievement is shared account wide.
Collect all of the battle pets listed below from Karazhan, Serpentshrine Cavern, and Tempest Keep.
- Lil’ Bad Wolf – Opera Event
- Menagerie Custodian – The Curator
- Netherspace Abyssal
- Fiendish Imp – Terestian Illhoof
- Tideskipper – Morogrim Tidewalker
- Tainted Waveling – Lady Vashj
- Coilfang Stalker – Fathom-Lord Karathress
- Pocket Reaver – Void Reaver
- Lesser Voidcaller – Lady Solarius
- Phoenix Hawk Hatchling – Al’ar
5.1 has been out for three days now and it’s amazing. I’ve had a blast going back through all the old raids and finding the new wild pets.
I hope 5.2 brings us just as much pet content!
Originally I was taking the easy way out and just leveling the pets I caught in Pandaria. However, that wasn’t fair to all of my older pets. Now the real challenge is getting lower-level pets up to level 25.
Odds are you’ll have a favorite early. Pick a beast of some kind, or any pet with a Critter power ability. Once you get out to Valley of the Four Winds have your high level critter killer in slot two and whatever low level in one. Circle Halfhill and attack everything. The Bandicoons are critters and rarely will you run across an Otter, which is Aqua.
Get the first attack with the low level and switch it out for the rest of the fight. Easy XP.
Thanks to the macro on the WoW forums, I managed to capture 50 rare pets. Yes, some of them are repeats, but at least 35 are unique.
Ashenvale – Rusty Snail
Azshara – Turquoise Turtle
Azuremyst Isle – Grey Moth
Bloodmyst Isle – Ravager Hatchling
Darkshore – Darkshore Cub
Desolace – Stone Armadillo
Durotar – Creepy Crawly
Dustwallow Marsh – Spawn of Onyxia
Felwood – Minfernal
Feralas – Nether Faerie Dragon
Mount Hyjal – Nordrassil Wisp
Mulgore – Gazelle Fawn
Northern Barrens – Cheetah Cub
Silithus – Qiraji Guardling
Southern Barrens – Giraffe Calf
Stonetalon Mountains – Venomspitter Hatchling
Tanaris – Silithid hatchling
Teldrassil – Crested Owl
Thousand Needles – Twilight Iguana
Uldum – Tol’vir Scarab
Un’goro Crater – Diemetradon Hatchling
Winterspring – Snowy Owl
Arathi Highlands – Tiny Twister
Badlands – Scorpling
Burning Steppes – Lava Beetle
Deadwind Pass – Restless Shadeling
Dun Morogh – Snow Cub
Duskwood – Widow Spiderling
Eastern Kingdoms – Festering Maggot
Elwynn Forest – Black Lamb
Eversong Woods – Ruby Sapling
Ghostlands – Spirit Crab
Hillsbrad Foothills – Infested Bear Cub
Loch Modan – Little Black Ram
Northern Stranglethorn – Polly
Redridge Mountains – Fledgling Buzzard
Searing Gorge – Molten hatchling
Silverpine Forest – Blighted Squirrel
Swamp of Sorrows – Mocassin
The Cape of Stranglethorn – Baby Ape
The Hinterlands – Jade Oozeling
Tirisfal Glade – Lost of Lordaeron
Twilight Highlands – Twilight Fiendling
Western Plaguelands – Blighthawk
Westfall – Tiny Harvester
Wetlands – Tiny Bog Beast
Blade’s Edge Mountains – Scalded Basilisk Hatchling
Hellfire Peninsula – Flayer Youngling
Nagrand – Clefthoof Runt
Netherstorm – Fledgling Nether Ray
Shadowmoon Valley – Fel Flame
Terokkar Forest – Warpstalker Hatchling
Zangarmarsh – Sporeling Sprout
Borean Tundra – Oily Slimling
Dragonblight – Dragonbone Hatchling
Grizzly Hills – Imperial Eagle Chick
Howling Fjord – Fjord Wolf Pup
Icecrown – Scourged Whelpling
Sholazar Basin – Stunted Shardhorn
The Storm Peaks – Arctic Fox Kit
Zul’Drak – Water Waveling
Deepholm – Crimson Geode
1. Find a pet battle trainer in any major city, and learn the skills that they offer. There are two: pet battle and track pets. They both require level 5.
2. Once you have trained pet battling you can now go ahead and start forming your team. When battling in the wild, some types are better at fighting other types. If you see a Mouse, whip out a Beast to do double damage to the Critter type Mouse falls under.
3. You can have three pets on your team at one time, and the pet in the first slot is the default fighter. Only pets that compete in each fight get xp. Xp is shared between all pets that participate.
4. You can change your team any time before you actually start the fight, but once you’ve clicked on a mob, the fight begins and your pet in slot one starts.
5. If it’s a wild pet that is capturable then all you have to do (so far!) is click the Trap button. If it fails, the mob attacks your mob (Or just stands there if no attacks had been put in for it yet, but that will change!) and you just rinse and repeat until you trap it.
6. You unlock the second attack at level 3, third at level 5, then at level 10, 15 and 20 you unlock the secondary attack for each of the three.
7. Each zone has one capturable wild pet and the rest are level fodder. Ideally, it will act out like you were actually leveling, where the level 1 battle pets are in the starting zones and they move on from there. Level 20 mobs show up in Northrend. The Battlemasters aren’t in yet, so more info when those are available.